New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

United States

Posted - 18/08/2021 :  05:37:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Facebook is too public. While I relish the chance to get some shit off my chest, I just don't want to make it so public. So, dear reader, we bring ourselves here, to the Fourum, where it's public enough but not fucking on-blast.

When I was a kid of 10 or so, my idol (and later brother-in-law) moved from Portland, OR to Los Angeles, CA. I lived in Portland (was born there; ask me about Asa Lovejoy). I wanted to do everything he did, so I wanted to move to L.A. Thirty years later I would plea bargain him into a three-year prison term for an "Estes" robbery, and later would successfully defend him at a grand theft auto jury trial (straight acquittal y'all). So, yes, my family moved to L.A.

I loved L.A. It was flashy and clashy (which rhymes better than classy). I lived L.A. Damnit, I graduated from U.C.L.A. -- twice (undergrad and law school). Los Angeles was my best friend and my best friend's hot sister who gave me a blow job. (Sorry dude, she was all up on me about it.)

Even in the eighties, Sunset Strip was the place to be. Me and my buddies haunted the place; I remember when there was a mile length where hookers would walk the street, brazenly. Yeah, I know there was a subject-object clash there, but it sounds better.

We raised a shit-load of hell all over Hollywood, West L.A. and Venice, and I'm pretty sure that if you visited L.A. between 1978 and 1985 and something got stolen, it was probably us that done it. I know: grammatically wrong, but sexy as fuck.

I left for a few years in the nineties, but I came back. I met the first love of my life in an L.A. suburb in 1997. She doesn't talk to me anymore.

So, a few days ago, I loaded up a truck and I moved from Beverly (Hills, that is; swimming pools and movie stars). Actually, I moved from Orange (evidence of my slow southern migration). There's a twenty-year gap, a divorce, and about 15-ish relationships in there, but let's just get to the punchline.

Some motherfucker stole that truck and everything in it. When the cops found the truck, abandoned, it was basically empty. But the thieves left one box, untouched, which was labelled "Sammy's toys." Samantha is my 10-month old daughter.

We've gone to Arizona. It's hot as fuck (as in, fire-hot). But we have Samantha's toys and each other. So long Californee.

bife 
"Winners never quit ... fwfr ... "

Singapore

Posted - 18/08/2021 :  08:47:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've missed you, mguyx. Somehow John mustafa just doesn't rant the way you do

Pretty shitty turn of events, but glad you all still have each other. In the end, that'll be what counts

Love to the family, mguy

Go to Top of Page

Yukon 
"Co-editor of FWFR book"

Kingston, Canada

Posted - 18/08/2021 :  13:38:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shitty about the car and your posessions being stolen.
Hope the relocation to Arizona goes well.
It's a chance to start fresh with a young family.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 18/08/2021 :  14:06:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shit. Really hope there was nothing irreplaceable. As for the rest of it, hopefully it'll make for an even fresher start and more exciting new life in Arizona

P.S. Have been meaning to visit AZ more extensively so we'll probably be dropping in on you sometime
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

United States

Posted - 18/08/2021 :  17:20:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bife

I've missed you, mguyx. Somehow John mustafa just doesn't rant the way you do

Mustafa? That guy's a hack. Sounds like a lion king or sumpin.

I have learned to leave stories alone; no one cares that Alex actually rehabilitates and grows a moral compass in the Clockwork Orange novel. But rest assured, dear readers, there is a silver lining in all of this. Thank you for your well wishes. Come to AZ benj (and Lisa and little Clews)! I'll turn on the AC for ya.

Go to Top of Page

Tori 
"I don't get it...."

Posted - 18/08/2021 :  18:22:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, love that is so hard. Is Thalia with you and Sammy? I can't wait to see your story unfold in Arizona, and can't help but wish you'd landed in Charlotte.

Leaving LA is such a bitch. I left so young, and so long ago, but it still pulls at me. There's just something about it that gets into your blood.

Oh, and imagine putting your personal stuff on Facebook...how embarrassing for people who do that.
Go to Top of Page

Tori 
"I don't get it...."

Posted - 18/08/2021 :  18:22:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

Shit. Really hope there was nothing irreplaceable. As for the rest of it, hopefully it'll make for an even fresher start and more exciting new life in Arizona

P.S. Have been meaning to visit AZ more extensively so we'll probably be dropping in on you sometime

OH MY GOD BENJ YOU ARE ALIVE <3
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 18/08/2021 :  22:19:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tori
OH MY GOD BENJ YOU ARE ALIVE <3

I am? Thank goodness for that- I'd not heard from me in ages and assumed the worst...

Anyway, I noticed a few things had broken on the site (what HAVE you kids been doing in here whilst I was away?) and now just trying to get back on top of things here
Go to Top of Page

Sludge 
"Charlie Don't Serf!"

United States

Posted - 18/08/2021 :  22:45:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ugh. I also feel like LA has turned into a great place to leave. Tori, trust me on this. It is decidedly not the same place.

Really sucks about the truck being robbed.

And not to hijack the thread, but given my own marital mess, if I am forced to sell the house I may leave too.

Arizona is hot as fuck and also beautiful. Except for, well, the crazy antimaskers and dirtbag youtuber Jake Paul in Flagstaff. But we have those types in L.A. too.

Go to Top of Page

Rocat 
"Blah blah blah blah"

Canada

Posted - 19/08/2021 :  03:48:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's awful. I hope it's not too hard to rebuild. (It took seeing your Facebook post to get me back here after many years. queenofcats and I spent far too much time on fwfr, but I still have a soft spot for it and its members.)
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

United States

Posted - 19/08/2021 :  07:36:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rocat

... queenofcats and I spent far too much time on fwfr, but I still have a soft spot for it and its members.)

Remember when FWFR was our Facebook, before Facebook? I remember waiting to get home so I could check the Fourum. Aahhh, the good ole days.
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

United States

Posted - 19/08/2021 :  19:53:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

... queenofcats and I spent far too much time on fwfr, but I still have a soft spot for it and its members.)

Good to see you Rocat!! Remember when FWFR was our Facebook, before Facebook? I remember waiting to get home so I could check the Fourum. Aahhh, the good ole days.
quote:
Originally posted by Sludge

Ugh. I also feel like LA has turned into a great place to leave. .... if I am forced to sell the house I may leave too.

Seeing as there's this opportunity that might be staring you in the face, you gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya p... wait, I forgot the rest.

L.A. is changing dramatically and exponentially every year, and it's so different from the L.A. I grew up in. It's just not my cup of tea anymore. SO when you make your decision, you gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I want MY cup of tea?" Well, do ya p... crap, I lost it again!

Edited by - MguyX on 19/08/2021 19:54:48
Go to Top of Page

Sludge 
"Charlie Don't Serf!"

United States

Posted - 20/08/2021 :  06:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MguyX

quote:

Remember when FWFR was our Facebook, before Facebook? I remember waiting to get home so I could check the Fourum. Aahhh, the good ole days.

I tried clicking the "Like" button on this and it took me to the top of the page.

Go to Top of Page

Tori 
"I don't get it...."

Posted - 20/08/2021 :  18:43:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Go to Top of Page

Tori 
"I don't get it...."

Posted - 20/08/2021 :  18:44:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I tried clicking the "Like" button on this and it took me to the top of the page.

Same! Life, and the internet, has changed so much since we all became family here.
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

United States

Posted - 21/08/2021 :  23:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000