United States

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  14:32:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by aahaa, muahaha

The problem now is slightly different - I am able to click the pen icon and then the = icon and put an explanation. However, when I do the same a second time, the original explanation is not visible.

Nice spot! Think it's fixed now. Also, despite the fact you couldn't see them before, your explanations should still have been saved when you last submitted the reviews.

Uhm - benj, could you please take another look at this - I'm having the same problem described by aahaa, muahaha. Also, if I go into a review submitted a day or more ago in order to add an explanation - the review then registers as being a Pass one submission on the later date [i.e. today]. So, theoretically, that could affect my weekly quota, couldn't it?

Big thanks in advance!!

Ditto here! Explanation is working now, but it goes to the immediate date.
Go to Top of Page

Koli 
"Striving lackadaisically for perfection."

United Kingdom

Posted - 16/07/2012 :  20:39:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Koli

quote:
Originally posted by lemmycaution

quote:
Originally posted by Sean

Fourum auto-logouts

I know this has been mentioned in the past, but thought I'd mention it again.

I haven't been auto-logged-out of the main site (fwfr.com) for a long time, so there's no problem there any more. But, I'm auto-logged-out of the fourum on a daily basis. It's like a fourum login is on a 24-hour timer. Could this be fixed?

I use W7 with Firefox 13.0.1

Thanks.

I smell a can of worms. I have been auto-logged out of fwfr.com for a few days.
W7 and IE 9.

Me too. I've now tried clicking 'don't remember me' in case the site's being perverse.

I use a Mac with Safari.

I agree with the guy above me. Every time I arrive at the site I'm told I have to log in. It's like 50 First dates. Clicking on Remember me, or ignoring it, makes no difference. Help.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 25/07/2012 :  10:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry folks- not ignoring the login remember me problem, I've just had no luck recreating it yet.

Can I ask if the problem occurs immediately (i.e. you log in with remember me, then close the browser, re-open the browser, load fwfr again and you'll be logged out) or does it happen after leaving fwfr for a period of time away (say, a few hours or a day)?
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 25/07/2012 :  12:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry folks- not ignoring the login remember me problem, I've just had no luck recreating it yet.

Can I ask if the problem occurs immediately (i.e. you log in with remember me, then close the browser, re-open the browser, load fwfr again and you'll be logged out) or does it happen after leaving fwfr for a period of time away (say, a few hours or a day)?

Hi benj - thanks so much for getting back. My own experience is that it forgets immediately, it forgets after a few hours, it just always forgets. Plus, if I login on HomePage I have to login again on 4UM page. "Remember Me" doesn't work on either page. My stats = Google Chrome latest & Firefox 8.0.1. Same prob with both browsers. Both settings also explicitly permanently allow cookies from fwfr.com and fwxr.com and fwfr.co.uk. Obviously, if I switch from any one of those urls to another, I'd expect to login as new ... but not every time I close the browser. If you see what I mean. Lemme know if you need more info. Thanks again!

Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 26/07/2012 :  16:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
W 7, IE 9.

Forgets whenever I try to reopen FWFR after closing it, not just after restarting computer.
Go to Top of Page

Cheese_Ed 
"The Provolone Ranger"

Guernsey

Posted - 26/07/2012 :  18:56:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, have to Log in every time.

Chrome

Edited by - Cheese_Ed on 27/07/2012 00:51:45
Go to Top of Page

Chris C 
"Four words, never backwards."

Posted - 26/07/2012 :  19:13:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto that, Win 7 & Firefox 14.0.1

Same applies from my work PC with IE8 and WinXP
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 27/07/2012 :  04:06:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
W7 and FF 14.0.1

I haven't been auto-logged out of fwfr.com for months. In fact I haven't logged myself out for months either.

But, I'm logged out of the fourum once per day, usually in the morning sometime (I close browser windows once/day, i.e., overnight). I'm unlikely to find myself logged out first thing in the morning, usually after a few page views, sometimes quite a few views and an hour or a few hours into the day (today I found myself logged out at lunchtime).

It remembers my login/password details though, always.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 27/07/2012 :  18:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Hi benj - thanks so much for getting back. My own experience is that it forgets immediately, it forgets after a few hours, it just always forgets. Plus, if I login on HomePage I have to login again on 4UM page. "Remember Me" doesn't work on either page. My stats = Google Chrome latest & Firefox 8.0.1. Same prob with both browsers. Both settings also explicitly permanently allow cookies from fwfr.com and fwxr.com and fwfr.co.uk. Obviously, if I switch from any one of those urls to another, I'd expect to login as new ... but not every time I close the browser. If you see what I mean. Lemme know if you need more info. Thanks again!

EDIT
Hey benj - dunno if you've been working on this lately, but I've just been let back onto the site without having to login anew! I'll letcha know if that changes. But for now ... YAY!

Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  19:15:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think I may have finally sorted the problem of fwfr not remembering you (let me know if you're finding it's still not sticking however )
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  20:00:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Think I may have finally sorted the problem of fwfr not remembering you (let me know if you're finding it's still not sticking however )

Sadly, the problem still persists for me.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  22:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Ditto - looks like it's come back for me as well.

Go to Top of Page

Stalean 
"Back...OMG"

United States

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  00:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Mine was working on IE (not on Safari or Firefox). But, now again, my "Edit Review" isn't working on IE. Also, when I try sending emails through FWFR I have to go to another browser besides IE. In IE the screen moves further down the page each time you type, hence the "Send" or "Cancel" icons are no longer visible AND the scroll function doesn't let you go down the page to find it.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  00:17:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got logged out of the fourum again (morning, as per usual).
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  01:06:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Can you try clearing your browser's cache and then logging in again to see if it remembers you then?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000